Bike Rental Program
Applegate Farm Bike Trip: On Tuesday, September 19 at 1:30 p.m., join Hawk on Wheels for a short 15 minute bike ride to Applegate Farm for some FREE ice cream to promote the bike rental program. Participants are also welcome to bring their own bike and ride along with the groups. Pre-registration is required to ensure a bike will be available for the day. Please register at the Student Recreation Center Main Office or over the phone (973-655-3340).
Outdoor Nation Campus Challenge: Do you enjoy bike riding? Find out how doing what you love can earn you some amazing prizes! Join the Outdoor Nation Campus Challenge today.
Campus Recreation's Hawk on Wheels Bike Rental Program is an exciting option for students to avoid traffic, get active, and reduce their carbon footprint - all while having fun!
Bike Rentals are now free for students starting Wednesday, September 6 at Noon!
How it Works
Getting a bike is easy, just follow these steps:
- No Registration is required! Just stop by the Student Recreation Center during rental hours
- Pick up your bike and accessories and sign waiver.
- Enjoy the bicycle for a week!
*Only available to enrolled students. *Bikes can only be rented for 1 week and cannot be renewed.
- Front and rear lights
- Cell phone holder
- Helmet (You must wear a helmet if you are under 18)
- All accessories are free to borrow!
Late and Damages Fees
Late Fees:First day......................$10
*Broken components due to abuse will be billed at actual replacement cost.
*Bikes are due back by Student Recreation Center closing on the date your rental term ends
*After 1 week late, bike will be considered lost and applicable fees will be applied to your account until returned.
Available Bikes and Sizing
Suggested bike sizes (in inches) based on your height:
14.5" - small: < 5'3"
16.5" - medium: 5'3" - 5'5"
18" - large: 5'6" - 5'11"
21" - extra large: >5'11"
*We do not have a waitlist. If there is not a bicycle in your size, please refer to this website to see when one becomes available to rent. Our bicycle sizes are relatively flexible, a bicycle size above or below may be able to fit you.
- Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Appointments available upon request
- Phone: 973-655-2102
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Hours dependent on season
Bike Laws and other Resources
- Bike Laws and the Rules of the Road
- NJ Bike Map - Shows roads suitable for biking, broken down for each county
- New Jersey Bicycling Manual - Tips for safely riding bikes on public roads
- Strava Local Heatmap - Shows the most traveled roads by cyclists using the free cycling social media platform, Strava