The Global Images International Travel Photography by Montclair State University Faculty and Staff exhibit is co-sponsored by the Office of International Engagement and the College of the Arts. It was started in 2002 to highlight the global experiences of our campus community. The range of countries featured in the exhibit continues to grow each year, pointing to the expanding internationalization and adventurous spirit of our university community.
Global Images 2016 will not be held due to construction in exhibition areas.
The Global Images 2014 International Travel Photography by Faculty and Staff
will be accepting submissions January 27 for the exhibit to begin March 3 in the Life Hall Exhibition Space.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to submit their recent photographs, according to the guidelines below, for judging and selection for the exhibit
The Global Education Center, College of the Arts,
MSU Art Galleries and MFA Studio Program
13th Annual Competition and Exhibition.
Global Image 2014:
by MSU Faculty and Staff
March 3 – May 23, 2014
- Entrants - Photographs by MSU faculty and staff, active and retired
- Each individual may enter up to five works
- New submissions, not previously entered into the 2006- 2013 competitions.
- Photos must have been taken within the last three years.
- Characteristics and Format of Entries
- The theme is world travel, which should be the subject of the work.
- All entries will be submitted electronically and do not need to be matted.
- Submission Procedure
- Electronic submissions should be sent by January 27, 2014 to email@example.com with minimum dimensions of 1600 x 2000 pixels in RGB or grayscale modes, in 8 or 16 bit depth, in either JPG or TIFF formats. Attachments larger than 10MB should be sent through a file sending service such as yousendit.com.
- File name should be LAST NAME-FIRST NAME-IMAGE NUMBER, such as DOE-JOHN-1.jpg
- Also include a word document or text file with artist name, image number, title, year and place for each image.
- Juding and Announcements
- All entries will be judged by a panel of experts in the field, and prizes will be awarded based on content and quality of the works.
- Selections will be announced mid-February by the Global Education Center.
- Selected works will be printed and exhibited in the Life Hall College of the Arts Lobby March 3 – May 23, 2014
- The Life Hall exhibition space is not a secure area and neither the College of the Arts nor the Global Education Center can be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage of artwork exhibited .