Forms and Documents


Online Document Request
Form Description
A Good Standing Letter will indicate that you are a student in good legal standing at Montclair State University.
Request the On Campus Employment (Payroll) Letter if you will be working on campus. You will need a Social Security Number in order to begin work. If you don't have a Social Security Number, first complete the Social Security Letter request.
Request the Social Security Letter if you will be working on campus and do not have a Social Security Card. You will need to obtain the Social Security Card before you can begin employment on campus.
A travel signature is a signature by an International Student Advisor on your I-20 form or DS-2019 form. The signature, along with a valid visa stamp and passport, allows you to re-enter the U.S.

Back to Top


Forms & Documentation
Form                         Description
To be used by prospective and newly accepted students who wish to apply for F-1 student visa.
Information on estimated expenses for each degree program
Chart of required documents for how your tuition, fees, and living expenses will be funded

This form must be completed by the sponsor who will provide the student with the support during the student’s course of study at Montclair State University.  

This form must be completed by the sponsor who will provide the student with free room and board during the student’s course of study at Montclair State University.  

To be used by newly accepted students transferring from another U.S. college/University for transfer of SEVIS record.
For students who need to extend their I-20 to complete program of studies.
Optional Practical Training (OPT) is work authorization available to F-1 international students who have been full time students for at least two consecutive semesters and who plan to seek employment in the U.S. in their fields of study.
 For all STEM students applying for an OPT extension. Please read the instructions carefully before completing the OPT STEM Extension I-20 Request Form.
For students who are  currently on OPT
For students who are currently on 24 month STEM OPT. This evaluation is due 12 months after the STEM OPT start date, and the second and final evaluation is due at the end of the 24 month period

If your I-20 was lost, damaged, stolen, needs a correction, or you want to add dependents,  fill out this request form.  


For F-1 students: Making arrangements for housing well in advance of your arrival is extremely important. Residence hall rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis. On-campus housing is not a guarantee except for incoming freshmen students who apply by the housing deadline, so it is important

for you to let us know in advance that you require on-campus housing by completing this form.

If you must drop below full-time student status due to documented medical illness/injury or for approved academic reasons, complete and submit this form.

Back to Top