- Incident Reporting (Who do I call?)
- Standards & Guidelines
- Security Awareness Training
- Other Resources
The Information Security & Identity Management (ISIM) group, under the Enterprise Technology Services department within the Division of Information Technology is responsible for:
- Establishing and enforcing Information Security policy and standards
- Advising the campus community in Information Security risks and mitigation
- Advising and oversight of technology related compliance
- Identity Managment including NetID account provisioning
- Technical implementations of security and identity related solutions
This contact matrix provides guidance in the event you observe or experience the following:
|Alerts or behavior indicating possible infection on a University provided client (computer)||University Service Desk1 or your local college technical team|
|Found a lost mobile device||University Police2|
|Lost or stolen University provided mobile device||University Police2, E-mail IT Security Official3, and inform your supervisor|
|Discover you have incorrect access rights to a shared University file repository (MSUFILES, Google Drive, etc.)||E-mail IT Security Official3|
1The University Service Desk can be reached at (973)655-7971, option 1 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
2University Police (973)655-5222.
3Contact the IT Security Offical at: email@example.com. All messages will be handled with discretion.
For a list of information security related policies, please visit the IT Policy page.
Information Technology currently utilizes SANS Securing The Human security awareness training. To request access contact the IT Security Official at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University has an obligation to comply with a number of regulations, industry standards, and laws including FERPA, HIPAA, and PCI DSS.