One of the goals of the Academic Success Center (ASC) is to offer quality tutorial services to Montclair State University students. Students are encouraged to take advantage of ASC tutoring which fosters active learning, reasoning, and critical thinking. The application of active learning processes and study skills is introduced during a tutoring session in connection with a subject being tutored. Additionally, the tutors working at the Center are well trained in applying learning strategies and tutoring techniques to help students become more confident and competent learners while facing academic challenges and mastering the course content.
The Center advertises the tutoring schedule at the beginning of the semester and invites students seeking academic assistance to come early as well as throughout the semester.
Tutoring Hours and Location
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Webster Hall, Rooms 200A & 300A
Tutoring begins September 18
In order to best fit your tutoring needs, ASC provides tutorial support in many different forms throughout the campus; in our Academic Success Center Webster Study Rooms, through partnership with Residence Life in the Academic Resource Centers in Bohn, Dinallo and Russ Halls and also online. To learn more about this free service, click on the links below:
- To attend a tutoring session
- Forgot to sign up or looking for some last minute help?
- Off campus and can’t make it to the tutoring room?
- Tutoring Hours and Location
- Go online to montclair.wconline.net or through the link here
- Make an account if you have not already
- Search for the subject and location that fit your needs from the drop down in the middle of the page
- Click on the white open area to book that session
- Complete the registration form and submit
- Check your email for confirmation and add the date to your calendar
- Show up and complete our after session evaluation form.
Come right in! Our centers are also set up to host walk in tutoring based on the tutors unbooked availability. You can check our tutoring schedule page for a list of the campus tutoring locations and their schedules to double check if there is a tutor in your subject staffed at that time.
(Note that the general schedules listed do not separate times where tutors are booked by other students. If you would like to check a tutor's availability at a particular time please login to WCOnline or check with a Desk Assistant in Webster Hall 200A or 300A)
The Academic Success Center is now offering online tutoring sessions by certain tutors and in specific subjects! To request an online session follow the regular steps to book a tutoring session but select online tutoring from the drop down when filling out your booking form.
Your online session will require you to log into WCOnline at the designated time of your session. You will then use the in-program software to hold your session which will allow you to:
- Video chat
- Upload Documents
- Watch Your Session Later
Webster Hall Academic Success Centers (Fall tutoring schedule is coming soon!)
- Academic Success Centers and Study Areas are a wonderful location to come and get some work done. These centers host many of our intelligent tutors who can assist you during your booked sessions or when you have some walk in questions between studying of your own.
- Do some homework on the couches in 300A before bringing the questions you have to the tutor right across the room. Just be sure to book your session to reserve your spot.
- These Centers are located in Webster Hall 200A and 300A which are open Monday to Thursday 9am-6pm and Friday 9am- 1pm.
- Located in Bohn (10th floor), Dinallo (2nd floor) and Russ are the Residence Hall Tutoring Centers. These rooms host a more private tutoring environment with availability during the extended hours that Residence Life has to offer.
- Richardson Hall Supplemental Instruction (SI): Coordinated closely with professors who teach the course; your peer supplemental instructors provide you with further assistance in a group setting. No sign up is needed, just sign in on arrival click here for Math & Physics Supplemental Instruction Schedule
- This is a great resource if you have a busy daily schedule and a late night studier.
- Tutoring in the Residence Hall Centers are not just available to students in that dorm building, but to others as well
- Residence Hall Tutoring Centers are open Monday to Friday 9am- 10pm and 10am - 9pm on weekends too. (Subject to availability of tutors)
Not on campus but want help on the weekends?
Double check the tutors for online availability to still get in the tutoring you want.
ASC WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Fall 2017 Workshops is coming soon!
Fall 2017 French Tutoting Schedule: http://www.montclair.edu/chss/news/article.php?ArticleID=18360